How I emerged presidential candidate in Spain- Helen Mukoro, Nigerian- born forensic expert

I am a Spanish politician, writer, legal consultant and forensic expert. I was born in Delta State, Nigeria to Mr Anthony Mukoro (the late Director General of the defunct Bendel State Government Treasury’s Cash Office, and Mrs Mary Mukoro & Apkomudjere (a retired Civil Servant. Governor’s Office, Delta State, Nigeria). I am a niece to Dr. A.G Onokhoraye, former Vice-Chancellor of University of Benin, defunct Bendel State, Nigeria and a stepdaughter to Hon Justice Emmanuel Akpomudjere, the late Chief Judge of Delta State, Nigeria.
I attended Saint Ita’s Girls College. Sapele, Delta State, Nigeria. I hold a degree in Social Education, Professional Master degree in Criminology, Professional Certificate in Criminal Law, Postgraduate Certificate in Tax and Labour Management, a Postgraduate Certificate in Forensic Psychology, a Postgraduate Certificate in Immigration and Domestic Violence, as well as a Diploma Certificate in Agriculture (College of Agriculture, Anwai, Delta State, Nigeria).

I worked at the Ministry of Agriculture, Benin City, Nigeria and later deployed to Governor’s Office (Women Affairs Department) as Agricultural Officer, to help the rural women in Agriculture, and Asaba when Delta State was created. I worked as a legal consultant (Immigration Dept) at The RedCross Society, Spain. I worked as the CEO and President at The African Europe Chamber of Commerce, CEO/President at National Agency of Forensic Experts, Mediators and Technical Professionals of Spain and Europe. I am an author of many books.
At this moment, I work as politician and forensic expert. In Spain, when you contest for a political position, you can’t work in your profession, so I stepped down as lawyer.

How did you get to Spain? What was the attraction that brought you to Spain, knowing that it is not an English speaking country?

I respect what Spain stands for. Because of what this country stands for, I am here today because of the freedom, good system of democracy, the due process, the rule of law. I became a naturalized Spanish citizen in September 16, 2013 (dual citizenship in Spain is not allowed by law to Nigerian nationals). I renounced my Nigerian Citizenship at the Spanish Civil Registry in Denia, Alicante, December 16, 2013). I renewed my last Nigerian passport in March 2011 for convenience in renewal of my permanent resident permit here in Spain. I have since surrendered my Nigerian passport and notified the Nigerian Embassy that I have renounced my Nigerian citizenship. On March 11, 2014, I was issued a Spanish passport by the Spanish government.

How did you gain acceptance in the Spanish society, knowing the fears they entertain about Africans?

I live accordingly here in Spain. I do everything a citizen ought to do, and I thank God for what this country made me become. I grew up here. I learned the ways. I went to school here. And I would absolutely never take security and the defense of this country lightly. I feel a sense of pride in contributing to the national growth of Spain and Nigeria.
I also went to school in Nigeria and worked as a Civil Servant at the Governor’s Office in Benin City and Asaba when Delta State was created, deployed by the Ministry of Agriculture, before I came to Spain in 1992. To Nigeria and Spain, I say thank you”.

NAN

No comments

Powered by Blogger.